Why write for us?
LoveFairy, the most recent extension of PurposeFairy, is a blog on which the focus is directed towards the most beautiful feeling in life and its various forms. The idea is to reach as many people as possible and remind, inform and even teach that love is, or could be the main ingredient powering our impersonal and interpersonal relationships.
In order to maximize the power of collective knowledge we want LoveFairy to be regarded as a platform where both high-profile authors as well as up-and-coming talents share love oozing stories, experiences and general teachings with an audience composed from wonderful, inquisitive and enthusiastic individuals.
In other words, we want you to feel encouraged to send us that piece of content which you feel our readers can relate to and we’ll make sure it gets reviewed and published on both our blog and weekly newsletter.
- Originality: We love original content that is exclusive to LoveFairy. We will however accept exceptional content that has been previously published somewhere else, but with eventual updates and tweaks for LoveFairy.
- Word count: The length of a post should be between 500 and 850 words.
- Writing style: Choose a style that reveals your personality and voice but also try to send out a message that inspires our audience, motivates them and puts them in a good mood.
- Edits: Edit your article before submitting! We receive numerous submissions and as you can imagine the articles that we consider suitable for our audience are prioritized by the number of edits required on our end. So well presented articles (with no grammar errors, no typos, etc.) are at the top of the list and have the highest chance of getting published.
- No sales pitch: We do not accept posts that include a sales pitch or reference products (either the author’s or a third party but we are more than happy to link to your website).
- Biography: While we truly appreciate our guest authors and are very grateful for the love and effort put into their work, we cannot compensate for guest posts. We can however include a short biography about our guest authors along with a corresponding photo. We can also include one link inside the bio, so this means an author can mention either their website, their Twitter handle, their Facebook page or their blog. As we’re trying to raise your profile as a writer, please understand that we can’t link to product pages or promote businesses.
- Accuracy: You are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in your article and the third party materials it may contain. Simply put, you need to make sure you have all the necessary permissions obtained from the copyright holder in case the article contains copyrighted material, and this applies to photos, audio, video, or other content that is part of your submission.
- When it comes to titles, content and style here are a few good reminders:
A) Titles : Titles are the gateway to your content, that is why they need to be crafted in such a way the reader will find them irresistible. An irresistible title is one that makes an intriguing promise and determines the person reading it to want to get to the content. (Use numbers as a way of grabbing people’s attention. Use words such as how, when, why, what, who, where inside the title, again as a way of determining the reader to explore further).
B) Content : Come up with an idea that is bound to attract attention and determine action. “Sprinkle” your articles with ingredients such as Simplicity, Unexpectedness, Concreteness, Credibility and Emotions.
C) Style: Write your article with a clear beginning/intro, middle and end. Make your intro catchy and make your article easy to read and understand.
- Include the resources that you specifically referred to or quoted from throughout your submission.
- Submissions should be emailed in Microsoft Word or Google Docs format.
- Sharing means caring, that is why once published, we advise the contributor to promote their post on their own website, via email and also via social networking sites such as Facebook Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, etc.
Final checklist before submitting!
- Make sure that your post has a title and that title is also specified in your email submission.
- You have added a short bio (less than 100 words) with a link to either your website, blog, Facebook or Twitter page.
- You have also attached a high resolution photo of you (no less than 150 x 150 pixels) so we have something to display next to your bio.
- Email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even though we prefer you to email us your submissions, you can alternatively use the submission form below.
Note: If it’s the first time you contribute to LoveFairy.com then include your short bio along with your e-mail address at the end of your post in the “Post Content” field. The “upload an image” section allows you to upload the photo that will appear next to your bio (If possible, attach two different photos not less than 150 x 150 pixels).
If you have contributed to LoveFairy.com in the past then specifying your name in the “Your Name” field will be enough.